Floating Sea Camp Overview
MSA’s Floating Sea Camp is the highlight of the summer for countless kids and teens around the world that return year after year to enjoy the very best that Catalina has to offer!
Campers meet at Southern California Marine Institute (directions) and board the Enhydra for our morning departure to Catalina Island. Activities began right after check-in, as we prepare for the most exciting and adventurous week of our lives! Crossing the channel to the island takes a couple of hours, and then after unloading the equipment and gear, we prepare for our first water-based activities!
Floating Sea Camp on Catalina Island is a summer adventure unlike any other!
Where else can you enjoy living on board a US Coast Guard certified marine research vessel as you explore the many various attractions of Catalina Island, and enjoying activities like scuba diving, surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, hiking, fishing, exploring sea caves, skill sessions and jumping of the top deck of a ship into the water below?
Our hands-on activities focus on both adventure and marine science. Come experience a world-class program unlike any other!
Look Forward To Experiencing:
- Live on board a hundred and twelve foot fully equipped marine research vessel!
- Play in the sun and Ocean for a whole week!
- Conduct actual marine biology field research!
- Experience outdoor adventure programs at Catalina Island!
- Look forward to snorkeling, kayaking, and surfing at incredible locations!